I’m getting this one out on time! Thank goodness! 😉
1. This Coleman Steel belted Cooler is awesome! I love the retro look and it feels so much sturdier than the plastic ones (our plastic one has seen better days)! They come in several different colors, but the green was my favorite. It perfectly matches our 1945 Coleman lantern that was given to us by Randy’s father! It will come in handy this summer for picnics, BBQs and camping.
2. I love, love, love my new Michael Kors rose gold watch! I have abnormally tiny wrists so finding bracelets and watches to fit is a challenge. This watch is the mini style so the face is a bit smaller, which works perfectly for me. So if you have little wrists or want a watch that is a little bit smaller, than get this one!
3. I just got this dress from modcloth.com. It fits like a glove and I love the vintage feel. It is red, white and blue so I will be sporting this dress on July 4th this year!
4. Along with the dress I got this hat. It is even cuter in person! I plan on wearing it with my new dress on July 4th! Now I just need a pair of red sandals… 😉
5. This is Essie Watermelon and I love watermelon colors. This pinkish-red hue is the perfect color for summer (well, in my opinion)!
I have discovered some new recipes this month that I am loving as well!
This kale and wild rice bowl with honey-balsamic vinaigrette is amazing! I made a few alterations, but nothing major. I added more spinach than kale (Randy prefers spinach) and I added walnuts instead of almonds (because I didn’t have any almonds on hand). But it was delicious! I love Iowa Girl Eats, this blog is my favorite place to go to find a wonderful recipe! I will be making this dish very often!
The second recipe that I tried this month was grilled angel food cake from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles. Now I like angel food cake, but grilling it makes it even better! It tastes similar to toasted marshmallow! Warning: Once you tried grilled angel food cake, there is no going back.
I am looking forward to July 4th this year. I cannot wait to share these recipes with my family. What are your plans for July 4th?